We offer many FREE services at the Allen County Public Library
- Story time for children
- Toddler time
- Kids book club
- Adult book discussion group, Books on the Square.
- Teen Advisory Group (ages 12-18)
- Loose Ends
- Special programs- check the calendar for new events and times!
- Computer Help- Schedule an appointment with Jamie to receive basic internet instruction including e-mail sign-up, reference, and searching techniques.
- Fiction and nonfiction collections for adults and children.
- Newspapers and Magazines.
- Audio books
- Discovery Kits: Children’s backpacks filled with books, media, and educational learning tools. There is a limit of one kit per adult card. The kit checks out for 2 weeks and they carry a $1.00 a day fine if it is overdue. They can be renewed one time.
- Early Literacy Stations- These are computers for children under 8 years of age. They have no internet access but are programmed with educational software.
- Seven day DVD checkout on adult library card. Limit 5 movies per card. Movies can be renewed one time. A $1.00 fine per movie, per day will be charged for overdue DVD’s. They must be turned in or renewed before closing time on the day they are due to avoid late fees.
- We also carry music CDs. Three CDs can be checked out per card and the check out period is for 2 weeks.
- Free interlibrary loan services. We will borrow books for you from other libraries at no cost.
- Free downloadable books for e-readers and mp3 players through Kentucky Libraries Unbound
- Wireless internet
- Free notary public service.
- Faxes- $1.00 per page to send and $0.25 per page to receive.
- Printing/copying- $0.10 per page
- Public computers with internet access, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Access to Kentucky Commonwealth Virtual Library and Virtual University.
- Universal Classes – over 500 FREE online classes available, just use your library card to enroll.
- Information about the Kentucky Talking Book Library. This service supplies books on tape, along with the machine to play them, to people who cannot read a printed book because of blindness or another physical disability.
- Local art exhibits.